Studying in the UK and Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Guidance for International Students
SI-UK continues to closely monitor local conditions and government advice in the UK, as well as across all our global offices. If you need to speak to someone, please reach out to your local SI-UK team or arrange a free online consultation today.
Study UK and Coronavirus Updates
- All UK Travel Restrictions Removed
All testing measures for eligible fully vaccinated travellers arriving in the UK are now removed. Key points from the most recent announcement include:
- All testing to be removed for fully vaccinated arrivals
- Non-vaccinated travellers will need to take a pre-departure PCR test and another on Day 2
- Travellers under 18 will be considered as fully vaccinated
- A passenger locator form will need to be completed pre-arrival
- Approved Vaccine List
To qualify under the fully vaccinated rules for travel to England, you must have proof of vaccination with a full course of an approved vaccine at least 14 days before you arrive in England:
- Janssen (single dose vaccine)
- Novavax (Nuvaxovid and Covovax)
- Pfizer BioNTech
- Sinopharm Beijing
- International Student Vaccine Priority in the UK
International students in the UK are able to access vaccinations as they are rolled out across the country, meaning you may receive the vaccine quicker in the UK than your home country and will be protected when returning home.
Once you have registered with a local GP in the UK, you can book your COVID-19 vaccination.
- UK Arrival Information
Fully Vaccinated: If you qualify as fully vaccinated for travel to England, you:
- Will not need to take a COVID-19 test before you travel to England or after you arrive
- Will not need to quarantine when you arrive
- Will need to complete a passenger locator form before you travel
Not fully vaccinated: If you do not qualify as fully vaccinated for travel to England, you will need to:
- Show proof of a negative COVID-19 test (to be taken in the 2 days before you travel)
- Book the PCR test before you travel
- Book and pay for a COVID-19 PCR test (to be taken after you arrive)
- Complete a passenger locator form before you travel
- Only quarantine if the result of the PCR test is positive
Personal Online Consultations
If you would like to discuss your current application with one of our consultants, or have any questions about COVID-19 and its implications for UK study, we welcome one-to-one Skype/Zoom calls with our team who will be happy to help.